- You have options – From fun, colored bands around your brackets, to clear options for braces, you have choices for making your treatment right for you. At Manoa Dental, we offer Invisalign® in additional to traditional braces, so you can feel comfortable about making the choice that best meets your oral health needs.
- Anyone can benefit from braces – Braces aren't just for teenagers. If you are experiencing crowded, gapped, or protruding teeth at any age – braces can provide the same incredible results. If you are an adult in a professional setting and are looking for discreet orthodontic treatment, you may consider Invisalign® in order to maintain a low-profile for teeth straightening.
- Keeping your teeth clean is important! – Keeping your braces or other orthodontic appliance clean is important for your overall oral health. If you choose traditional braces, be sure to thoroughly clean around brackets in order to prevent the accumulation of debris and bacteria that can cause tooth decay and periodontal problems. There are many flossing and brushing aids available that make cleaning between dental appliances a breeze. If you are using clear aligner trays, be sure to brush your teeth and the tray itself before replacing the appliance in your mouth. Because clear aligner trays hug all sides of your teeth, it is easy for debris to become trapped between your teeth and the appliance for long periods of time.
- Braces can fix both teeth AND bite alignment issues – Braces aren't just for straightening teeth, they can also treat instances of malocclusion – misalignment of the jaw. Ideal jaw alignment is important for ensuring that your bite is evenly distributed, preventing issues related to uneven wear and tear on teeth. Both traditional braces and Invisalign® are capable of correcting bite problems for orthodontic patients.
- Getting Your Braces on Is Easy – Whether your orthodontic appointment is for traditional braces or Invisalign®, getting your braces put on is a simple process. For traditional braces, brackets are bonded to the fronts of teeth and wires are threaded through. Any discomfort experienced as a result of teeth shifting can be effectively controlled with over-the-counter pain medication. When getting clear braces with Invisalign®, molds are taken of your teeth and sent to the Invisalign® lab for custom creation of your trays. When your treatment is sent back to our dental office, you return to see us and simply pop your tray in.
At Manoa Dental, Drs. Keri Do and Malcolm Choy are happy to answer any questions you may have about getting braces or Invisalign® in Honolulu, HI. Contact our dental office to schedule your consultation to see how orthodontics can help you.